Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's 10:00 p.m. here....I should be sleeping

But here I am! I just realized it's been a while since I updated everyone on the wonderful life of me. I know I know you are all sitting on the edge of your chair anxiously awaiting my monthly update of my really exciting life.













So....Fall Survival should be starting up soon. I am anxiously awaiting my kit. I am really going to try hard this time to use up the ENTIRE kit. Yes I know that is crazy talk considering it is such a ginormous kit and I pretty much have scrapping ADD.













I am trying to go outside of my comfort zone lately and have been surfing blogs and two peas for inspiration.










Isn't she a doll! My little niece Sara. So this layout has been giving me problems all week. First off nothing wants to stick. Doesn't matter how much adhesive I have used or the fact that I have used two different kinds, just refuses to stick! I used the new ribbon technique I picked up at Got Sketch 2 and since I don't have a sewing machine I hand stitched it and of course stuck my finger about 5 times. Funny story with this layout. I usually scrap upstairs in my bedroom and decided on Saturday morning to take it downstairs to finish stitching the ribbon while Nicholas sat in his high chair eating breakfast. A while later I realized the "R" in "Party" was missing. I searched and searched for it and it didn't turn up. Of course there were only 3 "R's" on the sheet of Thickers so I had to take take a different letter and turn it into an "R". Where do you think the lost R finally showed up?





In my dryer! Yep, it was washed and dried! Don't know how that happened my layout was nowhere near my laundry.



I finally broke into my Studio Calico "Iconic" kit. Here is my layout. Although not the most flattering pictures of me I love them because of the look on Nicholas' face. He is just too cute, sometimes its hard to believe he's mine.





I can't wait for the big reveal of October's kit on Saturday night. All the sneaks look awesome. I hope I can stay up till 12:00 (well 11:00 p.m. here).

Have you seen A Kiss on the Chic yet? I have been stalking these kits for the last few months and they are always awesome! I took the plunge and tried out for the DT. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me because I would really love to be a part of this team.

So Nicholas is sleeping. Hubby is down the street watching the White Sox game at his brother's and I have some peace and quiet. It's 10:05 p.m. Do I go to sleep or scrap????? Who needs sleep right?

Have a great night everyone.

1 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Look at you blog along Nicole! Good luck on the DT tryouts! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!